FAQ: All

Q: How does a vendor become part of the County’s bidder's list?

A: Click on the link on this website by going to Bidder Registration

Q: How are bids for governments different from the private sectors?

A: Government's bids are strictly governed by the state they are in and the laws and rules set up for purchasing.

Q: Where can I get more information or ask questions?

A: The Ulster County Veteran Services Agency (UCVSA), 5 Development Court, Kingston, NY; 845-340-3190.

Q: Are military honors performed at funerals?

A: Upon request of the family, military honors are performed. Arrangements are made by the funeral home handling the burial.

Q: Who maintains the Ulster County Veterans Cemetery (UCVC)?

A: New Paltz Rural Cemetery Association (NPRC) performs routine cemetery operations, maintenance and care of the grounds. Improvements and repairs are overseen by the UCVSA with guidance from a volunteer advisory committee.

Q: Can donations be made to the UCVC?

A: Yes. The UCVSA oversees and a committee of volunteer veterans recommend improvements to the Veterans Cemetery from donations and available funds. Donations can be made to "Ulster County Veterans Cemetery" and sent to the UCVSA office.

Q: Are Veterans Administration benefits available for the expenses of a veteran’s funeral?

A: Bronze grave markers are provided by the VA at no cost for most veterans. Other federal burial benefits are available to veterans meeting certain VA eligibility criteria. Contact UCVSA for more information.

Q: Can spouses be interred in the same plot as the veteran?

A: Yes, so long as the remains of both spouses are cremated.

Q: Are there rules for grave markers?

A: Yes. Only federal flat bronze markers are permitted, installed by the cemetery operator. The federal VA provides markers for most veterans. Spouse markers must be identical to the federal flat bronze style and are purchased by the family from a designated supplier.

Q: Who makes arrangements for a veteran or spouse burial in UCVC?

A: The funeral home makes the arrangements with NPRC upon request of the next of kin.